It’s easy to get lost in a big variety of breathing & mental techniques, which we are proposed to try out today. Most of them came to us from ancient times & were adjusted in accordance with modern needs.
Positive effects of regular Pranayama & Meditation practice are absolutely proved by scientists & by experience of millions practitioners all over the world. You can read MORE about it in Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_on_meditation
Here are some of them:
- Calming and relaxation;
- Unconditional happiness and emotional well-being;
- Stress reduction;
- Slowing aging, health improvement & life energy boost;
- Prevention of mental illness, improving of sleep;
- Ability to focus & achieve goals;
- Emotional intellect – understanding & management of own & others emotions;
- Open mind & high learning skills;
- Reduction of pain perception
- Intuition and creativity boost;
- Ability to treat problems as adventures & easily overcome them;
- Natural life style change, where habits easily change into more & more constructive.
Many famous people already know that meditation can improve quality of life & they already practice it!
“It’s a heightened state of being that lets whatever you’re doing be your best life, from moment to astonishing moment.”
“You can’t serve the world unless you take care of yourself first. I find time for meditation every day.”
In fact, we are very lucky to have at our disposal such powerful tools to manage our lives.
But we know very little about how they affect us & how to choose right practice for ourselves.
In Sutras (ancient yoga books), Asanas & Pranayamas are considered to be preparatory exercises for Meditation (Dhyana & Dharana). That’s why they always go together & breathing exercises are practiced before the next step.
So WHAT IS MEDITATION?
- Meditation is a practice, where an individual uses a technique such as focusing mind on a particular object, thought or activity – to train attention and awareness, and achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm and stable state (Wikepedia);
- Meditation isn’t about becoming a different person. It’s about training in awareness and getting a healthy sense of perspective. You’re not trying to turn off your thoughts or feelings. You’re learning to observe them without judgment. And eventually, you may start to better understand them.
WHY do we need to meditate?
- We all have our own ways of feeling happy – traveling, food, music, shopping, communication,work…All these sources are limited & conditional. Meditation helps us to train our consciousness & feel unconditionally happy.
WHAT we are going to practice:
|WORKSHOP 1||WORKSHOP 2||WORKSHOP 3|
At the end of every Workshop you will get a hometask for the whole week.
You will need 20 minutes a day to practice it.
Participants of the whole course (3 workshops) will get a bonus – video lessons to practice at home after the course is finished.
Date and time: On Fridays 8, 15, 22 November, 20.00 – 22.00
Price: €25/one workshop or €60/course of three workshops plus bonus
Teacher: Nataliia Borntichenko
Subcribe: click here to assign!
We invite you try it out on your own experience & wil be happy to practice with you!